Saturday, August 1, 2009

Logan&Veronica-- I Thought Our Story Was Epic

LOGAN: Alone again.VERONICA: Naturally.
Veronica looks out over the party. Logan, carrying a bottle of champagne turns into the wall and leans against it.
LOGAN: I, uh, I know the feeling.
Veronica puts the glass she rescued from Gia down on the small table by the wall.
VERONICA: You? Host of the greatest private replacement prom ever?
Logan smiles, takes a large swig from the bottle and drags his hand through his hair.
VERONICA: I'm sure you could have your pick of the bimbos.
Veronica listens to the music as Logan observes her.
VERONICA: I really like this song.
Veronica sits back on the table. Logan glances around and then straddles the table next to her.
LOGAN: You know, I'm surprised, Veronica. And as a keen observer of the human condition, I thought you saw through people better than that.

Veronica looks at him questioningly.
LOGAN: Bimbos? That's not me anymore.VERONICA: So what are you like now?LOGAN: You know. Tortured. Ever since I had my heart broke.VERONICA: Hannah really did do a number on you, huh?LOGAN: Come on, you know I'm not talking about Hannah.
He stares at her, eyes intense and glistening. Veronica is taken aback as she realises that Logan is talking about her. She doesn't know how to react.
LOGAN: I thought our story was epic, you know? You and me.VERONICA: Epic how?
Logan takes another swig.
LOGAN: Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined, bloodshed, epic.
Logan pauses, staring intently at her. Veronica doesn’t move.
LOGAN: But summer's almost here. And we won't see each other at all. Then you'll leave town then...it's over.VERONICA: Logan...LOGAN: I'm sorry. About last summer.
This surprises her. Logan is nearly in tears.
LOGAN: You know, if I could do it over...
Logan shuffles closer to her. Veronica makes a half-hearted attempt to dispel the tension.
VERONICA: Come on. Ruined lives, bloodshed? You really think a relationship should be that hard?LOGAN: No one writes songs about the ones that come easy.
Logan shuffles closer to her again, his eyes never leaving her. Veronica doesn't move. She looks away, clears her throat and finally looks back at him, uncomfortable and uncertain. Logan leans his head closer to her. He reaches out and strokes her cheek. Veronica shivers slightly, sighs deeply and stares up at him. Logan leans closer and closer, about to kiss her. Veronica struggles to breath.
VERONICA: [strangled] I have to go. I have to go.
Veronica slides off the table and takes off. Logan watches her go. End music: "I Hear the Bells" by Mike Doughty.

Script : www.twitztv.com

No comments: