Saturday, July 19, 2008

A made-someone-day phonecall

Just yesterday I made a call. Probably the best phonecall that I ever made, not for me but for my dad. A simple phomecall that means so much to someone, the phonecall to my dad saying I was gonna be home.

I was fighting it with the FMP with 20 CSers that I wanted to go so bad coz it does sound like so much fun and I always had to go there with guy friends alone. This time is my chance to spend it with a big group and somehow share common interest. I could have stayed in Bangkok hangin' out with P'som, Eric and Jeremy , exploring a little bit of Bangkok on Friday which would be fun with them, u know. I could have had dinner with P'Tum and his friends on Saturday and accepted invitation from Eddi to join her and her sis on Sunday. I skipped all that JUST FOR MY DAD. And I am glad I did that. I was glad I put my dad over anything else and everything else.
U know why? Coz I know that at the end you would always go back to people
who truly care about you which no surpise is your family.

Dad came to pick me up on the way to our house and waved at me when he was still in his car across the street. At the very moment I realized how happy I really made him feel. He has no hesitation to come to pick me up. And I know I made the right decision.

No comments: