Monday, March 23, 2009

A Present

Last weekend was like a gift to me. Not only that I had a chance to spend an awesome time with very good mix of people on the beach, I was given the golden chance to get over 'something' I was holding on to for too long.

Samed used to be the best memory I've ever had. Years ago I went there with the person I thought was the love of my life. Long story short, I had my best memory there. I was there with the right person, at the right time and the right place. I couldn't have been happier. I wouldn't want anything else. And so I was afraid to go back there coz it's been the place that scared me the most in the world emotionally. I was afraid that the all those nicest and at the same time most painful memories would tear me up and the flashback would hit me so hard that I wouldn't be able to bear.

Luckily, I was there with a good crowd and so I had a good time down there. I had good laughs. I had great convos with people. I enjoyed the nice stroll on the beach in afternoon, relaxing chit-chats at restaurants with fruiteshakes, ice-cream and cheeseburger. I luv the wine we had at dinner. It's probably the best wine I have ever had so far. I remember the smell of it, the taste in my tongue, the luvly dinner.I had so much fun. Well, i've to admit that i like it from the very beginning we set off from BKK till the very last minute when we arrived BKK. Everything happened along the way was all spontaneous, nice, yet exhilarating. And I guess I will remember one weekend like that. I went out dancing with my friends till 3 am. I danced so much my legs still feel tired and then I topped it of with skin dipping with my friends. Well not me who did the skin-dip though, it was my friends. I woudn't have the guts, i knew it! It was one of a great nights when u were in a sea looking up in the sky, watching the stars together. And did I mention the moon? It was perfect, so stunning, shining, bright and yellowish. I remember it well. It has crescent shape that night, right there behind those black clouds that, in a way, sort of brought out the moonlight. It was quite a picture. And you wouldn't believe we were talking about the milky way and about the stars in different skies. I thought it was really cute.

At the end of the trip I realized I was so in the moment, captured it, really enjoyed my time and didn’t have the time to feel melancholy that much. I mean I felt emotional and all when walking pass some places but I survived, right? Didn’t burst out crying or anything. Actually the weekend for me was like a proper goodbye to myself that was attached to some memories I couldnt quite get over. I sort of appreciated the moment i was standing at the beach at the very last second before we left looking at all the places 'we' were together and said goodbye to it. And now I won't remember it like I had always remembered any more. There I was writing a new history and it'll be a new memory.

No comments: